Tuesday 21 December 2010

Pamper and Preen at Paul Edmonds, London

I had the pleasure of returning to one of my favourite London salons recently.  Having not visited in some time I was keen to find out whether it had maintained its first rate reputation and whether anything had changed.

What I have always loved about Paul Edmonds is that inside from the hustle and bustle of the Brompton Road this salon is much more than a hairdressing salon but a sanctuary where you can escape the stresses and strains of everyday life.

Offering a range of beauty therapies from make up facials to pedicure, visitors can now take advantage of two private salons where individuals or small groups can enjoy a private pampering.

Often salons look very clinical but Paul Edmonds salon manages to escape this façade and excels with a luxury home away from home feel within the two-story retreat.



On my visit I was treated to experience the colour gloss treatment.  This can either infuse a burst of colour to your existing shade or a clear gloss can provide a healthy shine that will last for up to two weeks making it perfect for those Christmas parties.

After a consultation with the stylist we selected a clear gloss and after being prepped and preened was led away to the wash rooms where the gloss was applied while I enjoyed the comforts of my massaging chair.  Ten minutes later I had returned to my chair for the gloss to work its magic while I sipped on a fresh juice and browsed through the hefty collection of magazines – nothing like a good catch up on the gossip!

The half hour flew by and I was back in the chair enjoying a head massage in addition to the chair massage.  Unfortunately this had to come to an end and I was led downstairs for the blow dry.  Now I always think a good blow dry says a lot about a salon and with particularly tricky hair (relaxed Afro hair) I often find salons don’t quite meet the mark.  While it may look good in the salon, the results are really a couple of hours later when it has either maintained its look or frizzed up to double the size.  My stylist was excellent – he talked me through the products he was using and offered advice on how I can blow dry at home (I still haven’t quite mastered it in the same way but still trying!) 




The results were excellent, in addition to having a silky shiny mane, the gloss has added a protective layer that kept it looking perfect for days.

The Colour Gloss Treatment at Paul Edmonds starts from £40.

If you want to gift someone (or yourself!) with one of the treatments available at Paul Edmonds this Christmas, the salon has recently gone digital with ‘the CARD,’ a reward card for all your hair and beauty needs; simply preload the card with credit online and enjoy the special offers and benefits that you can access.

Paul Edmonds: 217 Brompton Road: Knightsbridge: London: SW3 1HW

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.